Past

DOG Series - Killing Time
개 시리즈 - 시간죽이기
구교수 개인전 GU, GYO SU solo exhibition
2013. 8. 31 (토) - 2013. 9. 25 (수)

작가노트

사람마다 인간의 다양한 고유한 특성은 모두 가지고 있다. 그래서 모든 사람은 각자 성격도 가치관도 외형도 모두 달라 순간순간의 보편적인 선택 혹은 타인이 갖는 기대로 살아가는 ‘가공의 인생’을 통해선 결국 인격에 공백이 생기기 마련이다.

최근 작품에 담겨진 “시간 죽이기”란 타이틀은 보편적인 시간이 아닌 자기 자신만의 자아를 찾고자 하는 갈망과 그로 인해 위안을 받고자 하는 자기연민의 감정인 것이다.

작품에 지속적으로 등장하는 소재는 "DOG"다. 몇 번의 비극적 결말로 끝나버린 어릴 적 친구같이 곁에 머물던 애완견에 대한 지난 이야기이자 이 시대를 살고 있는 내 자신의 불편한 현재의 자화상이다.

붓 터치로 인한 생성된 두꺼운 물감 층들이 다양한 공간과 또 다른 공간속에는 빛으로 인해 만들어지는 무수히 많은 색감들이 스며들어 평면적 공간이 새로운 입체공간들로 만들어진다. 이런 공간을 통해 인간 내면에 존재하는 다양한 감정을 표현하며, 시각적인 상징을 넘어 자기 자신을 뒤돌아보는 사유(思惟)의 공간으로 느껴지길 바란다.

Artist Statement

Everyone is unique in their way. Therefore when it comes to following the decisions of others or following a path already set for you, the already made future will clash with one's unique personality, characteristics and their way of prioritizing things. This can also cause one's personality fall into the void and confusion.

The title 'time killing' is a search for not only for the way of killing time but it is also a thirst to find yourself and getting comfort through the process.

'DOG's are frequently used in a lot of pieces of work. It is the story of the tragic ending for my beloved pet and also a portrait of me picturing my uncomfortable present life.

The layers created from the thick brushes picture various dimensions. The variety of colours created from the light blend in the dimensions to make it a dimensional picture. These dimensions picture the vast amount of emotions that exist in one's head. I hope this can overcome from being just a visually meaningful painting to a place where you are able to reflect yourself upon.